Eating healthy diet does not mean to become extremely thin, or depriving oneself from delicious recipes. It means to become more energetic, to feel good, to alter mood, and to become a confident person. To follow proper diet advice, and nutritionists consults will never leave you alone. You can improve your identity to its best. By following healthy rules of diet you can learn to create a tasty, healthy and varied diet that is good for both your mind and body. There are certain healthy diet alternatives which can improve your overall personality.
Apple is a rich source of antioxidant. Polyphenols, an antioxidant found in apple extends life span. Antioxidant destroys free radicals. Free radicals are involved in ageing processes and some diseases. Apple is called a “miracle fruit”. One apple a day keeps the doctors away. It decreases bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol. It also reduces risk of stroke by 52%.
It is rich in iron, calcium, vitamin, fibre, riboflavin. It maintains healthy cholesterol level and maintains healthy heart. Eating handful of nuts reduces risk of cancer.
Broccoli is rich in vitamin c, hence protection from common cold. It also has anti cancer and anti inflammatory qualities. Broccoli reduces the risk of osteoarthritis.
- Oily fish:
Oily fish such as salmon, trout contain omega-3 fatty acid, providing benefit to heart and nervous system. Oily fish contains vitamin A and D. Fish oil gives prevention from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Leafy green vegetables:
Cabbage and spinach reduces the risk of diabetes-2. Spinach is rich in antioxidant, and should be eaten raw or semi boiled. It is rich in vitamin A, B, C, E and K.
- Oat meal:
It keeps heart healthy, good for digestion; Folic acid in it is good during pregnancy which prevents birth defects in babies.
It is a rich source of calcium. Milk is considered as a complete food. Milk mixed with vitamin D prevents osteoporosis.
It contains the pigment lycopene, a carotenoid responsible for good health. It prevents breast cancer and also reduces risk of heart disease.
- Wheat germ:
Wheat germ is the embryo of the seed. When cereals are refined, germ and bran are often milled off. It contains several vital nutrients such as vitamin, folic acid, thiamine, zinc phosphorus and essential fatty acid. Wheat germ is also a rich source of fibre.
- Healthy breakfast alternatives:
- Egg white or egg beaters instead of whole egg.
- Fat free milk instead of whole milk.
- Greek yogurts instead of pre-packaged fruits and yogurts cups.
- Healthy lunch alternatives:
- Leafy green salads with light or vinegar based dressings.
- Skimmed mozzarella cheese instead of fatty cheese.
- Whole wheat bread, instead of white bread.
- Healthy dinner alternatives:
- Fresh, frozen vegetables instead of canned ones.
- Chicken breast instead of its thighs and legs.
- Fish or tofu instead of red meat.
- Brown rice instead of white rice.
- Healthy beverages alternatives:
- Use fat free milk, rice milk or soy milk instead of fatty creamers.
- Drink vegetable juice instead of fruit juice.
- Drink fresh squeezed juice, instead of stored bottle juice.
- Use agave syrup instead of sugar syrup to sweeten the coffee.
Consuming proper eatables, in proper amount, and in proper time is very essential for adequate growth and development.